- Burwood / Geelong Campus
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuous
- HEW 7 – $90,769 plus 17% pension
The marketing team works collaboratively with stakeholders across the university to deliver integrated marketing campaigns that put Deakin at the helm.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the role will manage the design, development and delivery of digital marketing initiatives such as multi-channel advertising campaigns and oversee the development of supporting assets including an external website contributing to the effective recruitment of prospective students at Deakin University.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a coach and work with team members to facilitate growth and development by providing constructive and balanced feedback while considering individual ability and team performance
- Distinguish essential issues from complex information, draw accurate conclusions and condense complex information and next steps into simple, concise terms that others can understand
- Seek feedback on improvement opportunities from a variety of key stakeholders and implement change through appropriate channels, overcoming change hurdles
- Actively seek feedback from colleagues and stakeholders on things that are working well and areas for improvement
- Build new and fruitful relationships with a diverse group of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential individuals inside and outside the university
- Develop and implement accessible and practical solutions based on stakeholder needs
- Striving for excellence and consulting regularly with clients to clarify who needs the information, the purpose for which it is necessary, the criteria for success and where and when advice and recommendation is required, with a strong service culture
- Communicate with confidence using examples and impact techniques best suited to a particular situation to increase understanding and support
To be successful, you will have:
- Certification with at least 4 years of relevant subsequent experience; or
- Extensive experience and management experience in technical or managerial fields; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in the field of digital marketing
- Knowing the nature of digital media and the content requirements for each media channel
- Experience in implementing integrated campaign strategies across key digital marketing channels, improving and analyzing performance and deciding campaign effectiveness
- Experience in developing creative assets across digital and social marketing channels above the line (ATL)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite such as InDesign or Photoshop
- Knowledge of developing digital advertising campaigns using platforms such as Facebook Ads Manager or Sizmek
- Knowledge of project management processes for producing photo and video assets and/or video editing capabilities
For a copy of the job description and application, please visit Deakin Careers.
Applications for this position close on January 18, 2022.
This role requires the incumbent to apply and maintain verification of employment with children (see Deakin Recruitment Procedures for more details).
Please submit your updated CV and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritizing applications from those with existing work rights in Australia who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates on immigration and border arrangements in Australia during the coronavirus outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
are you ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university of global influence. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research, innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation is built on the dedication and expertise of our employees and we offer a dynamic and diverse work environment with opportunities for growth and career development. We believe that a progressive and thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come and stay in Deakin and contribute to our continued success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientations and genders.