2nd place (19050), USA, McLean, Virginia
Principal Assistant, Paid Digital Marketing
Capital One, one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”, is seeking an innovative, data-driven Principal Assistant for a senior position within the bank’s marketing organization to lead marketing campaigns, creative strategy, test and learn agendas primarily in digital channels Paid (search, affiliates, ad network, social, etc.). The ideal candidate will have experience developing, implementing and analyzing B2C paid digital marketing campaigns.
- Lead channel expansion or launch strategies to help us achieve our ambitious account acquisition goals. Lead the implementation, analysis and improvement of the strategy. After expansion/launch analysis of leverage and leadership of strategic thought to help decide where to go next.
- Continuously improving channel mix and advertising budget to meet ROI targets and making recommendations for further expansion.
- Leverage digital marketing performance metrics to map meaningful insights and actionable impacts from data to improve strategies and creativity.
- Be the strategic leader, managing cross-functional collaborative teams (business partners, creative teams, legal, compliance, agency partners, etc.) to solve, develop and implement problems.
- Work across the board with Data Science, Ad Tech, and Creative to develop and test new models, bid strategies, audiences, and messages to drive growth.
- Manage project schedules, ensuring deadlines are met
The perfect candidate
- Understand direct response marketing channels and experience, implement and analyze a leading digital campaign strategy across one or more of the following elements: search, affiliates, discovery, display, social, etc.
- Experience in managing external digital marketing agency partnerships and leveraging that partnership to transform marketing strategy into in-market implementation
- Demonstrate a desire to stay on top of ever-changing digital marketing trends and cutting-edge Adtech tools
- Trusts in interpreting analysis and structuring analytical requests in order to form a marketing strategy and approach
- Strong multi-tasking organizational skills and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with proven experience working effectively with and influencing high-level stakeholders.
- Collaboration thrives, the opportunity to build in white spaces and the pursuit of results
- A General Manager mindset with strong strategic, analytical, and creative capabilities to create and build a case for transformational marketing ideas that drive business goals forward.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least two years of experience in digital marketing
- At least two years of experience in planning, implementing and analyzing marketing programs
- At least two years of experience managing creative processes, partnering with creative teams and developing creative improvement frameworks
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communication
- More than 3 years of experience in paid digital marketing channels
- More than 3 years of experience in marketing for financial services or another highly regulated industry
- Over 3 years of experience driving improvement plans and creative strategy
- Over 3 years of experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment with a proven track record of working effectively independently and bypassing ambiguity
- Over a year of experience working with marketing technology platforms, including data management platforms
At this time, Capital One will not be sponsoring a new applicant for a work permit for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity company committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/specification, nationality, pregnancy, maternity, protected veteran status Veterans, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider eligible applicants for employment with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Section 23-A of the New York Reform Act; San Francisco, California Police Code, Section 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City Fair Opportunity Act; Philadelphia Fair Criminal Records Examination Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you visit our website in search of information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and need accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or by email at RecruitingAcc Goodsation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and used only to the extent required to provide the reasonable accommodations required.
For technical support or questions about the Capital One hiring process, please email Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse, guarantee, and is not responsible for third party products, services, educational tools, or other information available through this website.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any job posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any job posted in the UK is for Capital One Europe and any job posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp (COPSSC).