At Warner Music Group, we are a global group of music makers, music lovers, tech innovators, inspiring entrepreneurs, game-changing innovators, and passionate team members. Here, we know that every talent makes our group bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do in all of our diverse businesses:
- Music is everything: Music is our passion, and we can’t get enough. Tastes, trends and technology will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global growth and local expertiseMusic is a universal language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and insightTranscendence requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- empowering the peopleLike the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristics or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of smart independence.
A little about our team:
You will be part of the UK and Europe commercial team, and will report to the UK and Europe Commercial Director. We are responsible for all aspects of Warner Music UK’s playlist strategy – including organisation, marketing and promotion across all major streaming platforms.
You will lead Warner UK’s playlist strategy. Oversee the organization of our playlist collection and develop fine-tuned marketing strategies across all DSPs. Identify trends, monitor track and playlist performance, and collaborate with our teams on social media and e-commerce. You will shape and communicate best practices. You will be supported by the Playlist Assistant who will report directly to you. It will help give our artists the perfect launching pad for their releases. You will work in a fast paced crowded environment where you will interact and learn about many different areas of work.
Here you will get:
- You will continually create, implement and develop a strategy that delivers meaningful streaming impact with an innovative approach to artist-led campaigns and release
- You will represent the playlist team at numerous internal and external meetings, lead the playlist strategy and guide key stakeholders in implementation.
- You will work closely with DSP account management leaders to formulate specific partner strategies.
- You will produce creative and engaging marketing and advertising campaigns that increase the value of our playlists to outperform the competition
- You will lead cross-platform playlist development via WMG features
- You will collaborate with label marketing teams to develop programs that achieve artist development goals and are complementary to label goals
- Playlist programming will direct and develop unique playlist experiences for a wide range of listeners from the discerning fan to the casual
- You will partner with tastemakers and curators to expand the reach and credibility of our playlist system
- You will develop solutions for playlist marketing and programming coordination across WMG that complement global strategy
- You will optimize marketing investments with a balanced approach to local and global objectives
- You will frequently challenge and improve marketing tactics to adapt strategy for best results
- It will define new ways to access your streaming playlist/users that reflect changing demographics and trends
- You’ll partner with Audience and Media teams for integrated campaigns that increase audience data, reach the consumer, and showcase playlists/artists.
- Will create and demonstrate best practices for Warner UK playlist strategy
- You will work with the Commercial Department’s Research and Analysis team to generate and report on commercial analytics reports
- You will be responsible for the leadership and career development of the Playlist Assistant
- Have experience in music, digital media and/or consumer marketing
- You will have extensive knowledge of styles and genres of music, new and catalog
- You have the ability to combine data and experience to develop an organization and marketing strategy
- You have excellent communication and rapport skills
- You will successfully handle the workload and prioritize tasks as necessary
- You’ll work on and interact with tight deadlines
- You work effectively as part of a team and independently
We love it if you also have:
- Understand the broadcast environment.
- Knowledge of official charting company and UK market data
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Excel, and digital audio workstations—helpful but not necessary
As the home of Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Feeded by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and many of the world’s leading record labels, Warner Music Group’s champions are emerging artists and international stars. Both. Our popular publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents songwriters and producers of various genres with a catalog of more than 1 million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX and EMP. We are the home of WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and promotes brands in creative, immersive and engaging ways – and the Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the leading global distribution company for independent artists and brands.
together we The Warner Music Group: Music with a Vision and a Sound.